Total Cooking Time: 30.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- Brown the beef, peppers and onion in a large skillet.
- Add tomatoes, broth and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, breaking up tomatoes with the end of the spoon.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover; remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes and fluff with fork.
This is a simple, yet delicious meal that can be cooked for you and your family as an easy and fast dinner. It call also be cooked for lunch or anytime. It is quite a filling meal, and best served with some oven rolls, or fresh Italian bread.